Job Title: Strategy Director
Location: Twin Cities / Flexible WFH
Experience: 6+ years of experience
Overview: Superhuman is looking for a strategy director to join our team. This is a perfect role for someone who has experience (or interest) in tech and the B2B space and wants to hone their leadership skills while managing client relationships alongside an industrious group of multidisciplinary problem solvers.
These are the things we expect from this individual:
- Experience leading brand strategy engagements, particularly positioning and rebranding efforts. Much of our work is done with companies operating at points of inflection, and we need a leader who can distill insight and guide action.
- Experience, or a strong interest, in working with technology and B2B clients. Many of our clients are highly technical, working on fast timelines in complicated industries. We need a leader who is excited by these particular challenges.
- Experience overseeing strategy engagements through their entire life cycle and working with senior leaders to support large pieces of business, often operating on fast timelines. We need a leader who is comfortable and confident owning client relationships and projects.
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior and mid-level strategists. We need a leader who is able to support our department heads and agency leaders in fostering meaningful growth and development on our team.
What You Should Expect From Us
- To be given new chances to learn. We work in complex industries. We provide enrichment for our leaders facing new challenges.
- To be recognized. You will get credit for the work you do inside and outside the strategy team.
- Answers to your questions, whatever they are, relative to the work, your role and/or your future within the agency.
- Hands-on support when needed. Proactiveness requires empowerment and is not the sole responsibility of the individual.
- To be heard. Your opinion matters and will be considered, regardless of the ultimate direction taken.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate mastery of strategy deliverables and own the development of brand strategy presentations and workshops, research projects and integrated campaign planning.
- Support the Director of Strategy in the creation, maintenance and further development of Superhuman offerings.
- Exhibit a deep understanding of clients’ businesses and confidently make project/services and strategic recommendations aligned with their priorities and grounded in insights about their audience, category, channel and other areas.
- Lead day-to-day client relationships and act as a “point person” for Superhuman. This includes setting realistic expectations, relentlessly pursuing clarity, and advocating for both agency and client best interests.
- Manage supporting strategists and develop their skills and craft.
- Nice to have: Demonstrate and coach agile ways of working, particularly in design thinking, innovation and product development spaces.
- Support business development by crafting scopes, case studies, capabilities decks and participating in new business opportunities.
- Lead Superhuman to excellence in communication. Ideas are only as good as how they are presented and received!
- 6+ years of agency, in-house agency, startup, brand management or consulting experience
- Proven ability to lead strategy projects (brand strategy, positioning, research, integrated campaign planning, product strategy, etc.) from scope creation to fulfillment, including pitches or RFP submissions
- Experience managing an account, including negotiation, troubleshooting and navigating conflict
- Strong business acumen and ability to turn ambiguity and complexity into a clear and executable plan
- Great management and mentorship skills (and the willingness to keep learning!)
- Experience leading client workshops that generate consensus and sell through great ideas
- Great Keynote, PowerPoint, and information design skills
This job is a great fit if you’re collaborative, scrappy, driven, accountable, detail-oriented, business-minded, curious, willing to teach and to learn, and a great presenter. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and any applicable work samples to email@example.com.