We’ve got another human among us. Meet Bryce, who’s joining us for the summer to help out with project coordination. Bryce’s optimism, ambition and leadership made him a great choice for expanding our project management capabilities. Bryce shared his background and goals for the internship below. Welcome Bryce!
Tell us about what you studied in school and what inspired you to work in advertising.
I studied Strategic Communication at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. In my Jour 1001 class, taught by Shayla Thiel-Stern, I was first introduced to the advertising industry. From that class and subsequent courses, I knew that advertising was the field where I wanted to thrive and make an impact. I naturally felt drawn to the work and gained fulfillment just from studying work related to advertising. I have always felt that working in advertising would be a career for me rather than a job.
I was inspired to work in advertising because I feel encouraged to work creatively yet mathematically and because the people in advertising are so diverse in learning, being, knowledge, interests and passions. It is an industry that is constantly evolving and so are the people. These two elements help inspire me to be the best me.
What do you hope to learn this summer?
After completing the first few days of my internship, I would like to learn about:
• How to support the team at Superhuman in a way that showcases our strengths and caters to the needs of each team member
• The processes utilized by Superhuman. It is my goal to always work to improve myself and the way I implement our processes
• The ins and outs of our clients’ goals. I aspire to find the best ways to support them in all of their work
• The best practices of project management, coordination, branding, design and strategy
• The ins and outs of Superhuman’s goals. I want to find the best ways to continue to support Superhuman through short-term and long-term initiatives
• The passions of my coworkers and how to include them in the work we do at Superhuman
What extracurricular hobbies do you have? Do they inspire how you work in your day job?
In my free time, I enjoy learning, weightlifting, building computers, meditating/reflection, studying successful advertising campaigns, studying French, playing video games, Magic the Gathering, practicing videography and reading. I’m also always on the hunt to expand my arsenal of hobbies.
Some of my hobbies definitely inspire how I work in my day job whereas some hobbies are more for self-care. For example, meditating reminds me to breathe and keep calm in my personal and professional life during stressful moments. By staying calm and meditating, I’m able to make more rational and strategic decisions on a consistent basis and reduce stress.